About Me

My photo
Eating and Cooking are the real keys to a great life. I have created this Food Blog to share with you the places I go. Some may be in your backyard, or mine. If I am eating out, or cooking at home, I will share pictures and thoughts about everything from service and lighting to recipes and vegetable sales. Please join me in this never ending love for food. Find me on facebook! www.facebook.com/SouthernGrub

Monday, June 28, 2010

Taverna OPA... Orlando, FL







Taverna Opa - Greek Cuisine – Orlando
On a recent trip to Orlando for Cirque Du Soleil I had lunch at Taverna Opa.
I have never been to this place but have heard about others in Florida. We arrived around noon and were the only table, I thought that might mean bad news for the food we ordered but couldn’t have been more wrong. It was AMAZING. The ambiance was cool, fun, bright and young! We decided to order a few different appetizers and not meals so that we could try more of everything. Our server brought us fresh pitas and made hummus fresh at our table. It had a strong garlic flavor, which I loved! The Traditional Greek Salad ($9) was fresh vine ripe tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, peppers, kalamata olives, feta, EVOO, vinegar, and fresh oregano. This was simple, but delicious. The feta was fresh and melted in your mouth. The Asparagus ($7) was amazing, tasted like butter and had chopped tomato, garlic, and a splash of wine. Yummy Yummy Yummy! The best dish we had was the Grilled Octopus ($10). The Octopus is grilled over oak-wood fire and extremely tender. A little drizzle of lemon juice and it’s a one of a kind flavor. Must try it! The hours of operation are 11am until the Ouzo runs out.
Phone: 407-351-8660
www.opaorlando.com

No comments:

Post a Comment