About Me

My photo
Eating and Cooking are the real keys to a great life. I have created this Food Blog to share with you the places I go. Some may be in your backyard, or mine. If I am eating out, or cooking at home, I will share pictures and thoughts about everything from service and lighting to recipes and vegetable sales. Please join me in this never ending love for food. Find me on facebook! www.facebook.com/SouthernGrub

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Sweet Sensations Cafe*Chocolates*Desserts








Sweet Sensations caters to a lunch crowd, mainly from the courthouse, admin building, and school boards in Green Cove Springs. It is a cozy little place located on Highway 17 in the middle of town. They offer soups, salads, sandwiches, sweets, and a special of the day. Today's special was Shepard Pie. ( I didn't have it, but it look delicious!) You place your order at the counter and pick up when your number is called. The pace is pretty fast. The workers are very nice, a small town joint! Today my table ordered the fresh Tomato Bisque, Side Salad, and Outlaw Chicken Salad Sandwich. The soup and salad combo was $6.99 but you can pick between 2 of the 3; soup, salad, sandwich. The ranch on the salad was extremely thick and creamy, the tomato bisque was good (not as good as mine) and had chunks of tomato and fresh basil. The Outlaw Chicken Salad Sandwich is a favorite here, the fruit mixed in makes it popular and fresh. The sandwich comes with chips and pickle spear for $6.99. The most important part of Sweet Sensations is just that, the sweets. They offer a large variety from lemon bars, cakes, pies, to cookies. The cookies are my favorite. They are huge! If you haven't yet, I would give this place a try on your lunch break. They recently changed the hours to Mon-Fri 10-4 and Saturday 10-3.
534 N Orange Ave
Green Cove Springs, FL 32043-2916
(904) 529-8554

No comments:

Post a Comment