About Me

My photo
Eating and Cooking are the real keys to a great life. I have created this Food Blog to share with you the places I go. Some may be in your backyard, or mine. If I am eating out, or cooking at home, I will share pictures and thoughts about everything from service and lighting to recipes and vegetable sales. Please join me in this never ending love for food. Find me on facebook! www.facebook.com/SouthernGrub

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Rockin Rodz Bar and Grill... Fleming Island









Rockin Rodz has just opened on 220 and College in the Food Lion shopping center. This will allow for plenty of parking when the bar grows popular. And it will. The atmosphere inside was awesome. Guitars cover the walls, flat screen TV's by the bar, and bright colors add to the music theme. Our server was Megan C. and she was amazing. I would request her when you visit! The bathrooms are clean. The booths are comfy. And for some people, the ice is important. They have rabbit ice, which is my favorite. On to the food, bread came out after our drinks in a cute guitar basket! Several different kinds were included, and different flavors of butter. The pecan bread was to die for!!! Our wonderful server brought us tasting spoons of the She Crab Soup and the Hot Rod Gumbo and they both were delicious. For an appeteaser we had the Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail ($8). The shrimp were indeed large and the order came with 5 shrimp and cocktail sauce. For our entrees we had the Stratocaster Shrimp ($11) and the Hot and Spicy Grilled Grouper ($12). The Stratocaster Shrimp was sauteed shrimp, grilled chicken and spicy smoked Andouille Sausage with onions and peppers, served with black beans and rice. It was good, but my meal (grouper) was better! The Hot and Spicy Grilled Grouper was marinated in lemon, ginger and other select spices and grilled to perfection. Served sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds and fresh parsley on a bed of wild rice and your choice of 1 side. I enjoyed it. The lemon and ginger flavor really comes out, which I love, with a tangy flavor that matches the spicy side. Overall Rockin Rodz was a good experience. I would visit again but can't wait for the bar side to become popular!!! The prices and menu options vary from $4 burgers to $27 filet mignon. Menu items include: Onion Rings,Soups, Salads, Wings, Burgers, Hot Dogs, Fish, Chicken, Duck, Pork Chops, Steaks, Children's Menu, and dessert. You also have a wine list and glass on your table as you are seated. Go check it out, let me know what you think in the comment section! Don't forget to ask for Megan C.
2574 County Road 220 Unit # 4-7
Middleburg, FL 32068
Tel 904-276-2000
Fax 904-276-2001

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog ~ thanks for posting such useful content.

    Hot Food Bars

    ReplyDelete