About Me

My photo
Eating and Cooking are the real keys to a great life. I have created this Food Blog to share with you the places I go. Some may be in your backyard, or mine. If I am eating out, or cooking at home, I will share pictures and thoughts about everything from service and lighting to recipes and vegetable sales. Please join me in this never ending love for food. Find me on facebook! www.facebook.com/SouthernGrub

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Pita Pit, Fleming Island, Florida…









Their motto is "Fresh Thinking, Healthy Eating." Lose those big buns once and for all!
Pita Pit is the new, young, fresh, and healthy way of life! Located across the street from O2B Kids right in front of Carmike Cinemas. It is in a great location for a fast lunch pick up- or to sit, relax, and take a breather while you eat. All of the ingredients are fresh and made to order. You can dine in, take-out, or use their FREE delivery service!!! The also cater anything large or small. You can make any pita the way you want it, so it never gets old. I could eat here every day. Pita Pit being so affordable and healthy, eating there every day is actually a good idea. You always want more. From a little research I found out they won the Clean Plate Award several times. I am always impressed by how spotless the restaurant and bathrooms are. Pita Pit loves all customers but if you join the e-mail club or follow on Facebook and/or Twitter you get tons of specials daily. The staff is super friendly and the owners always seem to be on site. This means great customer service. Breakfast pitas are served all day long, and are great in the morning if you’re on the run. The menu has everything covered, from Breakfast Pitas, Meat Pitas, Veggie Pitas, to Kids Pitas. Such as the Dagwood, Chicken Ceaser, Chicken Crave, Club, Philly Steak, Gyro, Chicken Souvlaki, Turkey, Roast Beef, Black Forrest Ham, BLT, Tuna, Falafel, Hummus, Babaganoush, and many more. Ranging anywhere from $5 - $6. They offer several different kinds of cheese, sauces, snacks, cookies, toppings, etc. Plus Kids Eat FREE Every Monday through Wednesday. You can also order any pita “Fork Style” and have it as a salad. Pita Pit gets FIVE STARS from me. In my group today we had a hummus pita, chicken ceaser, and the philly steak, all to die for!!! My pictures don’t do it justice so go check it out and leave comments below to let me know what you think.

1810-5 Town Center Boulevard
Fleming Island, FL 32003
(904) 579-4930
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=67861495053
http://twitter.com/PitaPitOPFL

4 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! The Pita Pit is my fave too! Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Double meat = Double the greatness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the comments. Looks like the Pita Pit is very popular!!!

    ReplyDelete