About Me

My photo
Eating and Cooking are the real keys to a great life. I have created this Food Blog to share with you the places I go. Some may be in your backyard, or mine. If I am eating out, or cooking at home, I will share pictures and thoughts about everything from service and lighting to recipes and vegetable sales. Please join me in this never ending love for food. Find me on facebook! www.facebook.com/SouthernGrub

Monday, June 14, 2010

Pool Party Cookout!







BLACKENED FISH AND SHRIMP TACOS!

My best friend and I made dinner after the pool party last Saturday and decided on an Island Style dinner. We had corn, baked with butter, sugar, garlic, and parm cheese. Corn is pretty cheap right now, around 8 for 2$ in grocery stores and cheaper in farmers markets! Brooke has perfected her Gordan Biersch Slaw. It's sweet, spicy, and tangy which is perfect for Fish/Shrimp tacos. The shrimp for the tacos were cooked in a stick of butter. (about 2 lbs of shrimp) These were peel and eat, on sale for 4.99$ per lb. The blackened fish was cooked in the oven. Tilapia is so inexpensive here in North Florida that it is always fresh and always on sale in the grocery stores! I love spicy, so a little of everything went on the fish to make the blackening spice :) Brooke also made twice fried plantains, Costa Rican style!! Feel free to always E-Mail me for any recipes!

3 comments: