About Me

My photo
Eating and Cooking are the real keys to a great life. I have created this Food Blog to share with you the places I go. Some may be in your backyard, or mine. If I am eating out, or cooking at home, I will share pictures and thoughts about everything from service and lighting to recipes and vegetable sales. Please join me in this never ending love for food. Find me on facebook! www.facebook.com/SouthernGrub

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Mitchell's Fish Market.. Town Center







Mitchell's goes for an old Boston Oyster house feel. I love that they give the option of sitting at a raw bar. Not many places around do that. I've been in them around New Orleans, Boston, New York, or other cities that have large crowds or are close to oysters or clam suppliers. Many do not know about different types of oysters or clams and the extremely different flavors and sizes they have depending on the time of year and the location they come from. Cherrystones or Littleneck Clams are my favorite and I prefer oysters not too large and extra salty. If you ask your Raw-Bartender they will be able to tell you about what they have that day. Mitchell's has fresh ingredients flown in twice a day and prints different menus at that time. We dined at Mitchell's over the weekend for a Birthday, which they also kindly printed on our menu for a little personal touch. Different things to taste... The Kung Pao Fried Calamari ($9.95) had chopped peanuts with a zesty dipping sauce. The slices of calamari were very large but still very tender. Peppers (not too spicy) are mixed in as well. It's good. The Pan Roasted Wild Blue Mussels ($8.95) are in a white wine, butter, garlic sauce with fresh tomatoes diced. In previous blogs I have tried this at several places. This order is good, the sauce is thinner than Bonefish and BlueFish but the Mussles are much larger with a better taste. I still have to say BlueFish was the best, then here, then Bonefish. All three places, still good mussles. The Char-Broiled Oysters ($11.95) is a New Orleans delicacy and features 8 oysters smothered and broiled with bayou cajon butter, parmesan cheese, and a baguette for dipping. I usually prefer oysters raw or Lightly steamed but this was very good. Here at Mitchell's they offered a Birthday dessert on the house not only for the Birthday man but for myself as well for it still being my Birthday Week!!! I chose the Creme Brulee of course. The custard was much thicker than the one I had days earlier at Bonefish. Delicious. Check out Mitchell's Fish Market and let me know what you ordered and how it was in the comment below. You can also leave comments on my Southern Grub Facebook page at www.facebook.com/SouthernGrub
You can also find a Mitchell's near you at www.MitchellsFishMarket.com

No comments:

Post a Comment