About Me

My photo
Eating and Cooking are the real keys to a great life. I have created this Food Blog to share with you the places I go. Some may be in your backyard, or mine. If I am eating out, or cooking at home, I will share pictures and thoughts about everything from service and lighting to recipes and vegetable sales. Please join me in this never ending love for food. Find me on facebook! www.facebook.com/SouthernGrub

Friday, September 24, 2010

Casabella Ristorante, Little Italy, NYC









www.casabellarestaurant.com
Hours:
Sun - Thurs 12am - 12pm
Fri & Sat 12pm - 1am

What we ordered:
-CAPRESE
Fresh home-made mozzarella with tomatoes & basil
-BRUSCHETTA CASA BELLA
Italian Toast with chopped tomato and basil
-CALAMARI DOLCI AMARO
Baby squid in sweet & sour sauce, balsamic vinegar, raisins & pignoli nuts
-FETTUCCINE ALFREDO
with Chicken -$18.50 with Shrimp -$21.50
-PAPARDELLE ALLA FUNGHETTI
Wide home-made noodles tossed with fillet of tomatoes & three wild mushrooms
- PIZZA MARGHERITA
-Lasagna

Breakdown: AMAZING!! I wish I had more words in my vocabulary to describe our meal. The best, must order items of what we experienced were the LASAGNA & THE PAPARDELLE ALLA FUNGHETTI. Everything else was good, but these two were TO DIE FOR!!! Ah, my mouth waters just thinking about it. The pasta in both are fresh and melt in your mouth like butter. The red sauce at Casabella must be the specialty, you can taste the years this recipe has been passed from generation to generation. The atmosphere in Little Italy is always perfect, but my favorite is when it starts to get chilly. Most places have a fire place, cozy feel, amazing wine, and a great view to watch the snow fall. If you're in the area, don't forget to try to Sangria at Casabella, delish!!

2 comments:

  1. I tried pretty much everything at the table as well & It was all so delicious! You can tell that everything including the pasta is made from scratch! And I could really use some of that Sangria right now! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DId they have grilled Calamri on the menu?

    ReplyDelete